Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RohanSen
Regular Visitor

Custom dashboard with Capacity metrics apps data

Hi Gurus,

I would like to know if we can create a custom app using the data from capacity metrics app. 

1. Can we connect with the capacity metrics app data via XMLA and get the data

2. OR can we use REST API's to get the data and create a custom report on top of it.

3. Another option can we edit the existing Capacity metrics report as per as our requirements as in changing the layout, adding few more metrics , Using RAG indicators.

Basically the end goal is the customer would like to have a custom report/dashboard with similiar metrics as Power BI Premium Capacity Metrics app but would like to add more additional KPI's and in a different layout than the current App.

Thanks

Rohan  

2 REPLIES 2
RohanSen
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-rzhou-msft ,

Thanks for the updates!

I am looking to create a custom capacity monitor report for Premium Capacity.

Basically the client wants a similiar report/app like Power BI Premium Capacity Metrics App but with customized layout and few more FLAGS/Alerts.

Hence wanted to check here if there is any way possible to extract the data out of the Capacity Metrics App and create one by myself. Can it be done through Power Bi REST API's ?

Thanks

Rohan

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RohanSen 

Could you tell me, in what kind of capacity do you want to export metric data and create custom metric reports for, Shared Capacity or Premium Capacity?

Currently, Power BI doesn't support us to get capacity metrics for Shared Capacity, we can monitor Premium capacity by  Monitoring in the Power BI Admin portal or Monitoring with the Power BI Premium Capacity Metrics app , but we couldn't export capacity metrics data and create a custom monitor report by ourselves.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors