cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
itayrom Member

Re: Custom Visuals Sandbox is coming - Here's what you need to know

Well, I have to take some my previous post back... Apparently, I accidentally published a version of my report containing one of my extensively-remodeled-in-order-to-cope-with-the-sandboxing-issues versions of my visual, instead of the pre-sandboxing version. The pre-sandboxing one still does not work...

Analystics Visitor
Visitor

I have been using custom visuals in a number of reports.  Chiclet Slicer, Scrolling Text Bar, Card with States, they were ALL working fine at the beginning of the week. Now none of them are working.  they function fine on my desktop Power BI I can author and format the visualisations using the default format. 

The visualisation I am using are all from the power BI visualisations gallery and are not modified.  I am not a developer just an author of reports for our business.  I have used these in a number of reports and now the reports are rendered useless.

NOT IMPRESSED!   The Snapshot below are Chiclet Slicers with nothing in them (they are fully funtional on my desktop but useless when published.......  

Can someone PLEASE explain in easy terms why this was fine on monday 9th May and screwed today 13th May.

I am testing this platform with view to going corporate.  pretty useless way to promote your product when things just stop working on published reports.

Capture.PNG

gooranga1 Senior Member

All ours are dead as well. Looks like a change was made yesterday that has messed up custom visuals as well as Pin Live Page dashboards. Pinning individual custom visualisations works okay.

jameslo30 Member

Ours haven't worked since beginning of April.

joemensor Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

None of our custom visuals are working with Power BI embedded, can you confirm a) when they will be working or b) what I need to do to make them work....

itayrom Member

Disabling the "unsandboxing" flag prior to resolving the issues reported here... Nicely done...

Venura Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi

I am trying to get a custom visual to open another report in a new window. The sandboxing is stopping this from happening, anyone found a solution to this? 

The sandboxVisualEnable=false flag doens't work

Moderator v-viig

Power BI Custom Visuals sandboxing doesn't allow that.

I suppose that you will be able to open any external links once API 1.8 is released. This API is going to bring hyperlink API.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

aakash1401 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@lukaszp  is there any way where we can set the configuration to load iframe for custom visual. 

Currently, I am working on a custom visual Datepicker where on click of input, it opens a Datepicker. If my container is small, my Datepicker hides within the wall of the container (limited to sandbox iframe container).

It should work similarly as "Date Slicer" which opens Datepicker outside container area freely and second, doesn't load any iframe if inspect it in the browser.

More on this thread: https://github.com/microsoft/PowerBI-visuals/issues/544

Highlighted
aakash1401 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@bashirs How to achieve it from code or in pbiviz 3+ versions. Would it work once I create a package and import in PowerBI Desktop?

Please see this GitHub thread for what I want to achieve.

https://github.com/microsoft/PowerBI-visuals/issues/544

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 456 members 3,927 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: