cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
cmn Member

Re: Custom Visuals Sandbox is coming - Here's what you need to know

Hi @bashirs,  I haven't hassled you for almost a week, but we really need an ETA for when this will be resolved, or at least a workaround.  Even a rough idea would be gratefull - is it more likely to be days, weeks or longer.  I'm sure you're already aware, but this is URGENT!  Our project rollout is on hold until this gets resolved.

tomhawley Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Seconded. Worse than the lack of a fix or any suggestions is the week without any further communication.
bashirs Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi tomhawley and cmn,

We are working with the mobile team on pushing a fix soon.

If you have any other questions or support requests please PowerBi support: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Thank you for your patience,

Bashir

----------------------------------
Microsoft Employee on PowerBi Platform Team
cmn Member

@bashirs, In the email I received showing your post, you said "I heard back from the mobile team and they have pushed out a fix. The mobile app should be working again now."  I assume you have edited your post, as it now says "We are working with the mobile team on pushing a fix soon."

Either way, the mobile app is now working worse than it was.  Now, even standard, non modified custom visuals are not dispalying on my iPhone now.  Previously custom visuals straight from the official gallery would display ok.  For example, I was using an unmodified CardsWithState custom visual and it was rendering fine yesterday.  Now, the tile displays with the title and refresh date, but the content is blank.  Also, if I now create a new dashboard with one of the customised custom visuals, the whole dashboard fails to load.  All I get is the loading spinner.

Can you update this situation?  Are you still working on the fix?

cmn Member

@bashirs

I have another update. The out-of-the-box cards with state visual is still not displaying at all on the iphone app (this was working yesterday).  However, my customised linear gauge visual (the one that was not working yesterday) seems to working sporadically now.  Sometimes when I open a dashboard it works, sometimes it does not.  I have a colleauge using the android app and he says the customised linear gauage works all the time, but for him the cards with state visual is not working either.

So in summary:

1. Cards with state (out of the box) does not work on either iphone or android app anymore
  2. My customised linear gauge renders sometimes on iphone, but all the time on android.

Please keep up posted on progress.  Thanks for your efforts so far. 

bashirs Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi cmn,

I am sorry to hear that you and your team has experienced varied and unexpected behavior with the IOS and Android applications. I am not the best contact for issues with the mobile product since that is not my feature area. I have forwarded your issues to the mobile team so far and I know that they are working very hard right now to deliver fixes but I am not an expert in that area of the product portfolio.

I would suggest you file a support ticket(s) with PowerBi Support (https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/) and they will put you in contact with someone from that feature area that can assist you.

Bashir

cmn Member

Hi @bashirs.  I'm sad to here that.  You are the only one that seems to be taking this problem seriously.  I have raised a support ticket for this (Pro license) but have had no response.  Is it possible to get one of the mobile team to respond via this forum?  If they have just released a fix, these are the people we need to dealing with.  They fully undertstand the background of the issue, know the fixes that have just been applied, etc.  If I am forced to go via a support ticket, the person I will be dealing with will have no idea what I am talking about, and this will delay any resolution.

I undertstand this is not you area, and greatly appreciate your help so far.  Anyway you can keep following this one, as we seem to be very close to a resolution?

Thanks again.

bashirs Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi @cmn,

Ah, I see. I understand your frustration. I can assure you that the mobile team is taking it seriously but are not as visible on forums, etc. Part of it is maybe that they have a timezone offset from the rest of us. I think I might suggest some ways to improve external communication at our next broader team meeting.

Anyway, I will keep my ear to the ground and keep in close contact with them. i will let you know when they give me an ETA. I do suggest filing support tickets also though because people do track those and take them seriously.

Bashir

cmn Member

@bashirs.  Thanks.  All your help is appreciated.  As long as you have passed on the latest development to them (with the cards with state viz not longer working).

cmn Member

Hi @bashirs.

There seems to have been an update over the weekend.  To recap, prior to the weekend, the situation was that unmodified custom visuals from the gallery (i.e. those not in sandbox) had stopped working on mobile devices, but modified/custom made visuals (i.e. those in the sandbox) had started working on mobile devices.

Now, it looks like the situation has reversed itself.  My unmodified cards with state visual is now working on iPhone, but my modified linear gauge is not working.  In others, no sandbox = OK, sandbox = no good.

We are basically back where we started a couple of weeks ago when the sandbox update was rolled out.

I have updated the support ticket (Pro license) again, but I am getting no response.  As such I ask again if it is possible for you to pass this latest update on to the mobile team.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 391 members 3,463 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: