Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AndyR123
Helper I
Helper I

Custom Visual provisoning

Hi,

we are developing a custom visual, which is working fine so far.

Now we want to add some premium features, for which the user has to buy a license (monthly paid).

Is the only way to add a additional "license code field" in the properties? Are there other ways for license validation?

What happens for example, if the user quits the contract? There is no chance to prevent the further usage, because the license code ist working.

Thank you very much

Andy

1 REPLY 1
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AndyR123 

Could you tell me what kind of feature do you want to use by Premium license, AI-driven analysis, composable and reusable dataflows or paginated reports?

When canceling or your license expires:

When you cancel your Premium subscription, or your capacity license expires, you can continue to access your Premium capacities for a period of 30 days from the date of cancellation or license expiration. After 30 days, your workspaces will move to a shared capacity and will still be accessible. However, you will not be able to view reports that are based on datasets that require Premium capacities to render. This includes datasets larger than 1GB and refreshes of those datasets.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.