Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mhardy
Advocate I
Advocate I

Custom Visual build artifacts from Visual Studio

I'm trying to build a pbiviz from a custom visual I've built in Visual Studio.

Currently the build process creates one massive CustomVisuals.js where my custom visual's class resides. What I need is the stand-alone version of that class so I can zip it up into a .pbiviz. I tried simply pulling it out of CustomVisuals.js but the javascript produced there isn't valid for a pbiviz.

I tried modifying the gulp files but that didn't get me anywhere either.

Pasting to DevTools doesn't work because it doesn't support things like 'let' and 'const' which are used extensively.

How do you generate the files necessary to create a .pbiviz, namely the visual's .js & .css files, from Visual Studio?

2 REPLIES 2
vincent_1234
Helper I
Helper I

Vote for it,

Or contribute to the Github project and community by building a gulp tast creating the pbiviz (which is just a zip) yourself

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/11020722-export-visuals-form-visu...

joemensor
Helper I
Helper I

Is there any update on this question? How are we able to modify existing visualisations that use unsupported keywords etc..

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.