Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

[Custom Visual] Boolean Object Properties Auto Exclusive

Hi All,

I cannot find a solution on google or docuementation.

Is it possible to have these 2 or more properties be auto exclusive? So that once I select one of them, the other will be set as false (off) automatically?

Capture.PNG

So setting the value from code side, once I will find one true, I will set the others to false.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you are using a settings class based on DataViewObjectsParser from the powerbi-visuals-utils-dataviewutils helper module, you can just alter the properties of that class.

// settings.ts
import { dataViewObjectsParser } from "powerbi-visuals-utils-dataviewutils";

import DataViewObjectsParser = dataViewObjectsParser.DataViewObjectsParser;

export class VisualSettings extends DataViewObjectsParser {
}

// visuals.ts
public update(options: VisualUpdateOptions) {
  this.settings = <VisualSettings>VisualSettings.parse(options && options.dataViews && options.dataViews[0]);
  this.settings.boolean2 = !this.settings.boolean1;
}

-JP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jppp
MVP

You can change the settings of the propety pane directly via your code, so in your case to toggle one boolean based in the status of the other.

I doubt if two toggles that interact which each are that userfriendly. Can't you use a more generic toggle or a dropdown?

-JP

Anonymous
Not applicable

So can I change the value assigning it directly via the options.dataview object in the update method? Or should I use a setter function?

About the user interface yes, I know, but I need a visual that only my team will use and it is a super custom visual.

Thanks!!

If you are using a settings class based on DataViewObjectsParser from the powerbi-visuals-utils-dataviewutils helper module, you can just alter the properties of that class.

// settings.ts
import { dataViewObjectsParser } from "powerbi-visuals-utils-dataviewutils";

import DataViewObjectsParser = dataViewObjectsParser.DataViewObjectsParser;

export class VisualSettings extends DataViewObjectsParser {
}

// visuals.ts
public update(options: VisualUpdateOptions) {
  this.settings = <VisualSettings>VisualSettings.parse(options && options.dataViews && options.dataViews[0]);
  this.settings.boolean2 = !this.settings.boolean1;
}

-JP

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.