Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Nishantjain
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Custom Visual | AppSource registration now requires a company

Hi, 

I was contacted by someone today asking about the process to register a new custom visual in the AppSource. It seems that you can now publish a custom visual only as a registered company and not as an individual. 

I have a custom visual but I was able to do it as an individual but this option seems to have been removed. 

It is not an easy process to setup a company and maintain all the legal work that comes with it, for someone who only wants to share a free custom visual for everyone to benefit. 

Does anyone know why this has happened and how do we, as developers, can continue to build the custom visual eco system

3 REPLIES 3
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Nishantjain ,

v-lionel-msft_0-1612254781214.png

Yes, you need a work or school account to register.

Open a developer account in Partner Center 

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Nishantjain ,

Publish Power BI visuals to Partner Center 

Please refer to the process of submitting custom visuals. The document does not indicate that only companies can submit.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I thought that too. But the "note" in this link

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/visuals/office-store#submitting-to-partner-cente...

suggests that you can only use "work email" to register a new account. 

And when you try to register a new account, this link 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dev/store/open-a-developer-account#create-an-account-using-t...

clear states that you need a company account that can be verified. 

Am I missing anything?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.