Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ochaoui
Frequent Visitor

Custom PowerBI connector : change icon of login window

Hi folks,

I am implementing a custom connector on powerBI. It works well ! The only issue I have is I would like to change the icon of the login windows (check red arrow) :

ochaoui_0-1637594395717.png

How can I add a custom icon in here ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey @ochaoui,

Sorry I wasn't getting it. The icon you're pointing to is the icon that represents the kind of data source. There doesn't seem to be any way to change this. 

Handling authentication for Power Query connectors | Microsoft Docs

Did my answer(s) help you? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!
Did my post answer your question(s)? Mark my post as a solution. This will help others find the solution.

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Watsky
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hey @ochaoui

To change the image you'll need to modify your MEZ  file for the customer connector. You can do this by changing the extension from MEZ to ZIP. From Inside the zip file is where the icon should be stored. You will also need to modify the m file to include the icons. So a section of it should be called the name of your API.Icons. If you have a UI Export definition inside the m file then add your images equal to SourceImage and SourceTypeImage. For this example displaying below I have a custom connector for the Power BI REST API. Where the name of the custom connector is PBIAPI.

Watsky_0-1637600161427.png

Once you're done save the files back into the zip and modify the extension from zip back to mez and you should be good to go.

Watsky_1-1637600306837.png

Here's also a tutorial which includes walking through this part of creating a custom connector. Power BI Custom Connector – Quick Start – For Power BI.com (4pbi.com)

Did my post answer your question(s)? Mark my post as a solution. This will help others find the solution.

Hello @Watsky,

Thanks for your reply but it does not answer my question :).

As shown on my screenshot, I am not talking about the icon of the connector (I did already what you showed on your code). I am talking about the pop-up that asks you to log in to your identity provider :

ochaoui_0-1637646464878.png

In this pop-up, you have a name that apears and I configured that name via the XML file available in my connector. But ... I can't find on the web how to change the icon next to the name I configured. Does somebody now how to add it ?

Regards,

Hey @ochaoui,

Sorry I wasn't getting it. The icon you're pointing to is the icon that represents the kind of data source. There doesn't seem to be any way to change this. 

Handling authentication for Power Query connectors | Microsoft Docs

What a shame ...

Sometimes I wonder how these obvious things are not implemented on PowerBI.

What is microsoft doing ??

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors