Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mike_honey
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Custom DataGrid with Matrix Data Mapping

This is a cross-post from StackOverflow, as the developer has been stuck trying to create an account in the Power BI Community.

The full post link is below, but in essence the question is:

"Can anyone suggest a decent resource to quickly understand the matrix mapping, so I can map it into something simple & useful for ag-grid to consume (in the form of ag-grid ColumnDefs)? Or another open-source example of a matrix data mapping custom viz with some example javascript manipulation of the matrix dataview?"

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/56894550/powerbi-custom-datagrid-with-matrix-data-mapping

I've offered a bounty to try to help this along, it will help a range of environmental/conservation projects.  If you can help us get unblocked, you will literally be helping to save the planet 🙂 

1 REPLY 1
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @mike_honey,

I have a little bit of experience with the matrix dataViewMapping, but I'm not in a position to be able to spend much time advising on any specifics until sometime next week due to various other commitments, so I'll provide a couple of quick links.

Firstly, have you tried the doc? I don't see it mentioned in either post, but this is what I referred to to figure it out.

Secondly, I have used the mapping in one of my custom visuals - Small Multiple Line Chart. Here's the link to the dataViewMapping configuration in the repo, and here's where I map the dataView to my view model.

Hopefully this might help a small amount.

Good luck!

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.