Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Arie
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Custom Connector with local file

Hi, 

I have some authentication issues when importing a local files within a custom connector. 

Does anyone know if it is possible to import a local file with a custom connector?

Kind regards, Arie

4 REPLIES 4
luisat
Frequent Visitor

Is this already solved?

i want to combine some web.content queries and get the auth tokens from my local file system.

getting data from web works fine but I can´t get data from my local file system...

Regards,

Luis

I couldn't make this work and generally found custom connectors a bit of a pain to work with.

What I've ended up doing is deploying some Azure Functions that effectively "proxy" requests through to the source data source, handle authentication (makes OAuth easy too), pagination etc.

Then I've just secured those Azure Functions with basic auth and Power BI is happy to work with them

No, I do still have this problem. Not solved yet.

Regards, Arie

sam_woolerton
Frequent Visitor

I have exactly the same problem. Can't see documentation on this anywhere

Username and password seem self-explanatory, but I have no idea what values are valid for IdentitySource

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.