Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom Connector cannot connect to (Admin - WorkspaceInfo PostWorkspaceInfo) PowerBI API

Hi All,

I am using a custom connector to retrieve data from the Admin - WorkspaceInfo PostWorkspaceInfo API (see Admin - WorkspaceInfo PostWorkspaceInfo - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Docs) but I cannot seem to get it working.

I can connect through the online 'Try It' section on the url above but cannot connect to it through a custom connector (to later store the data in a sql table).

See pictures below of the way I have configured the custom connector. I would appreciate some help on this as my custom connector for other REST APIs work (e.g. get datasets as admin) but I need this one to work to progress with my work.

capturesnipbw.PNGp2t.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

First, you need to make sure that you have the right permissions and scope to run the admin api.

yingyinr_1-1635402753053.png

Permissions and consent in the Microsoft identity platform

Please check the solutions in the following threads that have similar error messages to yours and hope they can help you solve the problem.

1. Problem with custom connector for Power BI Rest API

Turned out I had to use "myorg" instead of "me" (but only for the GET requests...).

2. Power BI A.P.I Authentication

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Your resource URL is missing

Anonymous
Not applicable

The resource URL is populated, but is not visible from that page. I believe every time you save the page, the resource url is hidden from the view. This connector only fails for 'PostWorkspaceInfo' admin api, the rest of the other apis can be accessed through this connector.

So maybe there's a bug in the implementation of this call. If you have a Pro license you can consider raising a Pro ticket at https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

how did you authenticate prior to this call?

Anonymous
Not applicable

The connector is authenticated via OAuth2.0 and I am logged in through an admin account. Is this what you mean?1.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.