Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pradeep467
Helper III
Helper III

Creating QTD and YTD metrics on a weekly aggregate table

Hi All,

I am solving a business requirement and stuck with the below issue.So  here is my specific requirement, where I have a fact table whose grain is like Store,Week,Department and Sales. I need to build  QTD and YTD measures for Sales based on the week Fact table.  Based on my primary research I can create these measures if I have a date table and the Fact at a day level, but in my case as the fact table is at a week level, is it possible to the achieve the same or if there is any work around. Please suggest.

Pradeep

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@pradeep467,

For any time intelligence function, you could implement a custom DAX formula.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@pradeep467,

For any time intelligence function, you could implement a custom DAX formula.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the response and apologies for the delayed feedback, I went through those blogs but all of them are pretty much have a table at a day level, in my scenario I have my fact at a week level having a week surrogate key (Eg:201834 --Week 34 2018) joined on week surrogate key from week dimension. I have a week start date and week end date, in this case hoiw can I develop the qtd measure? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.