Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

yuliaria
Frequent Visitor

Create workspace in Power BI Embedded using Rest API

Hi All,

I am a newbie Power BI developer. Nice to meet you. I have some questions related with Power BI Rest API.

I want to create an application which is integrated with Power BI embedded. My app has a lot of projects. I want one project to have one workspace. However, I don't want user to create the workspace manually from the cloud. User needs to be able to create workspaces from my application. Is this possible? 

We could create a workspace using Power BI Workspace collection in azure. We could use the provision sample here:

https://github.com/Azure-Samples/power-bi-embedded-integrate-report-into-web-app

Can we do the same in the Power BI Embedded?

I also want to register Power BI apps to azure programmatically. Is there any azure API to register apps and get Client ID and Client Secret? 

Please advise. 🙂

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

Workspace is acutally group under Power BI, Power BI Embeded has the Group operations available, you could create a workspace by the Add group operation:

Add group

For App registration, please follow:

Register an Azure AD App to embed Power BI content

There is no way that I am aware of to register the App automatically.

Regards,

Michael

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CHTK
Frequent Visitor

Hi  - is there any way of adding the description while using add Group operation? 

v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

Workspace is acutally group under Power BI, Power BI Embeded has the Group operations available, you could create a workspace by the Add group operation:

Add group

For App registration, please follow:

Register an Azure AD App to embed Power BI content

There is no way that I am aware of to register the App automatically.

Regards,

Michael

Hi Michael,

Thank you. I will try it.

Best regards,

Yuli Aria Winata

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.