cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Juramirez Member

Create multiple dataset regarding customers ID

Hi all

I'm wondering if is possible to create multiple datasets regarding one datasource and when I refresh them via Power BI API, it takes each one as one separated regardless if they comes from the same DataSource. I mean, something like this:
I have 3 Customers: A, B and C (each one with a unique identifier).
All of them are in the same app and their info comes from the same DataSource.
What I want to do is to create one dataset to each Customer and this way I have 8 refreshes per day per DataSet (24 refreshes for one single DataSource).

This mean that when I publish them to my workspace, i must see 3 datasets (it depends of how many customers I have in my report) in my workspace instead one.

Is this possible?

Regards

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Moderator Eric_Zhang

Re: Create multiple dataset regarding customers ID

@Juramirez wrote:

Hi all

I'm wondering if is possible to create multiple datasets regarding one datasource and when I refresh them via Power BI API, it takes each one as one separated regardless if they comes from the same DataSource. I mean, something like this:
What I want to do is to create one dataset to each Customer and this way I have 8 refreshes per day per DataSet (24 refreshes for one single DataSource).

This mean that when I publish them to my workspace, i must see 3 datasets (it depends of how many customers I have in my report) in my workspace instead one.

Is this possible?

Regards

@Juramirez

8 refreshes per day is a limitation on a dataset, regardless of the datasource. You can create different reports for individual users, even though the datasource are the same.

By the way, to lift the 8 times limitation, you can either use DirectQuery mode or purchase Power BI Premium license(48 times refreshes per day).

Juramirez Member

Thanks @Eric_Zhang

Solved it creating multiple reports from one data source and publishing them to different App Workspaces.

2 REPLIES 2
Moderator Eric_Zhang

@Juramirez wrote:

Hi all

Is this possible?

Regards

@Juramirez

8 refreshes per day is a limitation on a dataset, regardless of the datasource. You can create different reports for individual users, even though the datasource are the same.

By the way, to lift the 8 times limitation, you can either use DirectQuery mode or purchase Power BI Premium license(48 times refreshes per day).

Juramirez Member

Thanks @Eric_Zhang

Solved it creating multiple reports from one data source and publishing them to different App Workspaces.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 311 members 3,568 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: