Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

soaregj

Create dynamic charts

Hi all,

I need to implement a dashboard that will present several bar charts based on the number of rows returned in my dataset. As illustration, my dataset is like below:

Category             KPI           Value

CAT1                   KPI A        10

CAT1                   KPI B         5

CAT2                   KPI C         3

CAT3                   KPI D         8

CAT3                   KPI E          1

CAT3                   KPI F          10

CAT3                   KPI G          9

The slicer will contain the list of categories (CAT1, CAT2, CAT3). If the user selects the CAT1 on the slicer, then my dashboard needs to present 2 diferent bar charts for KPI A and KPI B. If the user selects CAT3 then the dashboard will present 4 diferent bar charts.

How to implement that? Do I need to create a custom visual? If so, is there any example to guide me?

Thanks a lot,

Guilherme Soares

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@soaregj wrote:

Hi all,

I need to implement a dashboard that will present several bar charts based on the number of rows returned in my dataset. As illustration, my dataset is like below:

Category             KPI           Value

CAT1                   KPI A        10

CAT1                   KPI B         5

CAT2                   KPI C         3

CAT3                   KPI D         8

CAT3                   KPI E          1

CAT3                   KPI F          10

CAT3                   KPI G          9

The slicer will contain the list of categories (CAT1, CAT2, CAT3). If the user selects the CAT1 on the slicer, then my dashboard needs to present 2 diferent bar charts for KPI A and KPI B. If the user selects CAT3 then the dashboard will present 4 diferent bar charts.

How to implement that? Do I need to create a custom visual? If so, is there any example to guide me?

Thanks a lot,

Guilherme Soares

@soaregj

I don't think it is possible, even with custom visual. The slicer visual is for filtering data and it can't control other visuals shown/hidden.

As a workaround, instead of showing different bar charts, show the data in one chart setting the KPI as "Legend" field.

Capture.PNG

Thanks @Eric_Zhang. I was probably too simplistic in my example. Sorry for that.

What I need is something like in the link below. Please notice every chart is a KPI and the quantity of KPI's (charts) varies from the location selected in the ChicletSlicer, meaning the charts are dynamically created on the report.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7MRYt91QJPATGd4VEEzeVpzMkE/view 

Thanks,

Guilherme

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.