Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create a custom button using D3JS visual

Hi,

I want to create a button using D3JS visual which should export table data in to the excel. Could you please help me on this ? 

Thanks in advance.

Shubham

3 REPLIES 3
jppp
MVP

Hi @Anonymous,

I don't think that this is possible as all custom visuals are running in a sandbox and cannot act as a web end point to 'serve' the Excel file.

Maybe it is easier to look at the PowerApp visual and its possibilities to achieve your goal.

-JP

Hi jppp,

Thank you for developing the D3.js add in. I've been looking to add buttons/combo boxes, etc. into the tool. However, I can't get the charts to respond to a change. I've been trying to recreate this, here. 

I was wondering if this is possible or whether it's been disabled. In Microsoft's notes, here, it says the following is not allowed:

• Using innerHTML, or D3.html(user data or user input).

Here is where I've got to:

radders_0-1674561683308.png

For the buttons example, I created my buttons (I also tried attr('onclick', 'update(data1)') 😞

radders_2-1674561852733.png

I'm sure the function I have to plot the chart works as I call it when the form first loads:

radders_3-1674562002605.png

Can you let me know if it is possible or has been disabled?

Kind regards,

Radders

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

@jppp to help you in using D3JS visual.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors