Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bexinan

Couldn't load the schema for the database model

Hi,

I am trying to do Power BI Embedded with SSAS Live, and using the Power BI Embedded Sample App to test. So, I created a report using the Power BI Desktop with SSAS Live option, and I am able to get my report and it is all working fine. And I published to Power BI Service, and it is also working fine, and the gateway is working fine as well.

Now, when I run the Sample App and try to load the report, and I got the following:

pbierror1.JPGpbierror2.JPG

*If I am using the SSAS Import option instead of Live, the embedded report work fine.

So, I am thinking it is the authentication between Power BI Embedded and SSAS, and I had not idea how to fix it.

Anyone can help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@bexinan

It is the limitation of Power BI Embedded. In Power BI Embedded, the DirectQuery mode only supports the source Azure SQL DB and Azure SQL Datawarehouse. Check more details by clicking What data sources are currently supported with Power BI Embedded?

You can check this idea Support other data sources Direct Query using Gateway on Embedded Power BI and vote it up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@bexinan

It is the limitation of Power BI Embedded. In Power BI Embedded, the DirectQuery mode only supports the source Azure SQL DB and Azure SQL Datawarehouse. Check more details by clicking What data sources are currently supported with Power BI Embedded?

You can check this idea Support other data sources Direct Query using Gateway on Embedded Power BI and vote it up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.