Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Copy/move content to different organizational account

Hi,

My organization is moving to a different organizational account (both Pro licences). I need to copy all our workspaces, with reports and dashboards from the old account (@******.com) to the new one (@***.***.com).

Any way of doing this without manually downloading each report locally and publishing into the new account?

What about dashboards, can those be somehow moved to a different account?

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure if it is possible to clone the entire workspace across different domains... However, I would recommend that you could look into Power BI REST API https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/ and try to programmatically export report and then import the report to a new workspace 

Alternatively ... using Power BI cmdlet for PowerShell to facilitate easy operation (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/power-bi/overview?view=powerbi-ps)

Connect to your account, loop through all reports and then export them from the old workspace

Export-PowerBIReport -WorkspaceId $workspaceId -Id $reportId -OutFile .\exportedReport.pbix

Then connecting to the other account and uploading the report to the new workspace

New-PowerBIReport -Path .\exportedReport.pbix -Name 'New Report' -WorkspaceId $workspaceId

I have no idea what we could do with the dashboards but this could help you with cloning reports to the different organizations.

Hope this helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors