Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Converting UTC to local time

Hi,

We are very passionate about Azure services and Power BI, especially when diving deep into real-time data through integration with Microsoft Azure Stream Analytics.

We have been working on a project where we send temperature data into the cloud via Azure IoT Hub, then consume the incoming events to be visualized in real-time using Stream Analytics and Power BI.
We understand that it is important that Windows Azure have a consistent time zone across all geographies. However, we wish to have Local time in our streaming dashboard in order to satisfy our customer’s needs. For the time being, we are using the DATEADD (Azure Stream Analytics) function to add the missing hours.
We wish the solution to be a dynamic conversion between UTC (Coordinated Universal Time)
and the user's local time .
Please be advised that we are using an Azure Pay-As-You-Go account and a Power BI 13.0.10457.155 version.

Thank you for your time and consideration in regard to this matter,
I look forward to hearing from you soon,

Best Regards,

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same need ... convert UTC to any timezone I'd like to localize to ... Java solved this long ago with GregorianCalendar object that contains all the latest daylight savings rules for each timezone.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
I have the same problem. Are there any solution in Power BI Service ?  How to convert UTC  Time to  local time in my streaming dashboard, please.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.