Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

balajishriram
Regular Visitor

Connecting Oracle Primavera P6 which is in Azure Cloud to Power BI

Hi All,

This is regarding connecting Oracle Primavera P6 EPPM data with Power BI. Bascially my Primavera application in the Auzure cloud. I am trying to access Primavera database tables which are on cloud to do some reports. I have been told that this can be done though webservices/REST API using (web.contents()). Please can some guide me as to how I can access Primavera database tables from Power BI. Thanks in advance. 

4 REPLIES 4
paulciszewski33
Frequent Visitor

When P6 or OPC are hosted at Oracle, Oracle prevents you from connecting Power BI directly to the P6 and OPC DB’s. 

So, we developed P6ETL.  P6ETL is a utility that extracts P6 and OPC data from Oracle Hosting (and from Loadspring) – then P6ETL stores the data into a MSSQL DB (we call it the P6ETL DB).  The P6ETL utility uses P6 and OPC web services to extract the data.

Once the P6 and/or OPC data is in the P6ETL DB, you can create an unlimited number of dashboards using any BI tool such as Power BI, Tableau, etc.

To learn more, visit www.p6etl.com.  Mustang Technologies provides monthly P6ETL webcasts.

Mark_Porter

Rico,
When the EPPM is hosted in the cloud (By Oracle et al.) users can only access the data via rest api.
How to create this connection appears to be the information that Balaishriram is chasing (& myself)

Kind Regards

Mark

Look at PSIX Extractor, you can choose required columns and filter data as like P6 professional filtering and application extract data from any P6 Database located in any cloud, you can export more than 500+ columns from the backend, and application is using P6 webservices in the backend, you ddont need any developer to do any programming. if you know P6 then you can run the application. PSIX extractor works as integration tool as well

https://www.equivtech.com.au/Oracle-Primavera-P6-Extractor-Software.html 

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @balajishriram ,

Please make sure you have read access to Primavera P6 Database.

RicoZhou_0-1677744292704.png

If the DBA doesn't want to give you the read access, you need to open the XER file with Excel (or Notepad), then connect that file to Power BI. 

Please click on the below links and read them.

Understanding Primavera XER Files 

P6 XER file using the XER File Parser 

Or you can try to connect to this database by REST API.

For reference: Using a REST API as a data source

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.