Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Peppearson
Helper I
Helper I

Connecting Bullhorn or Salesforce to Power Bi

Hi,

I'm trying to look into how easy/difficult it is to connect from Power Bi to either Salesforce or Bullhorn CRMs i.e. are there any particular limitations.

Currently I'm connected to Microsoft Dynamics via it's API using Odata feed in Power Bi.

Does anyone know if the process is similar to Salesforce/Bullhorn

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Peppearson ,

As far as I know, currently Power BI doesn't support us to connect to Bullhorn directly. However Power BI support us to connect to Salesforce by Salesforce Object/ Salesforce Report connector.

For reference:

How to Connect Salesforce to Power BI

If you want to connect to Bullhorn or Salesforce by REST API, please make sure whether they support REST API.

For reference:

Using a REST API as a data source

Or you can pull data via their open REST API. Here is a link to Bullhorn API documentation, which will get you started. 

You can build an ETL package which dumps the data into a SQL DB and pulls down modified records every hour and updates/inserts.

Then point Power BI at the SQL tables (import) or (Direct) for live reports, using the on promise data gateway to automatically pull the most recent data when the report is loaded in PowerBi.com.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Peppearson ,

As far as I know, currently Power BI doesn't support us to connect to Bullhorn directly. However Power BI support us to connect to Salesforce by Salesforce Object/ Salesforce Report connector.

For reference:

How to Connect Salesforce to Power BI

If you want to connect to Bullhorn or Salesforce by REST API, please make sure whether they support REST API.

For reference:

Using a REST API as a data source

Or you can pull data via their open REST API. Here is a link to Bullhorn API documentation, which will get you started. 

You can build an ETL package which dumps the data into a SQL DB and pulls down modified records every hour and updates/inserts.

Then point Power BI at the SQL tables (import) or (Direct) for live reports, using the on promise data gateway to automatically pull the most recent data when the report is loaded in PowerBi.com.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.