Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

balwats88

Connect to Power BI API via Python

Hi, I need to connect to Power BI API via Python. What should I do to accomplish it? I'd like to pull data from my organization work spaces. Please help me. All information that I found telling me that I have to create Azure AD, than generate token and etc.. Is it another, easier way? Thank you so much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Watsky
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @balwats88 , 

There isn't a way around the steps you mentioned. Registering an app through Azure AD is required to access the REST API. 

To use the Power BI REST APIs, you need to register an Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) application in Azure. The Azure AD app establishes permissions for Power BI REST resources, and allows access to the Power BI REST APIs.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/ 

Did my answer(s) help you? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!
Did my post answer your question(s)? Mark my post as a solution. This will help others find the solution.

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Watsky
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @balwats88 , 

There isn't a way around the steps you mentioned. Registering an app through Azure AD is required to access the REST API. 

To use the Power BI REST APIs, you need to register an Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) application in Azure. The Azure AD app establishes permissions for Power BI REST resources, and allows access to the Power BI REST APIs.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/ 

Did my post answer your question(s)? Mark my post as a solution. This will help others find the solution.

Thank you! And also, could you, please, send me template of Python script which I should use?

Hey @balwats88,

Take a look at 

GitHub - AntoineDW/powerbi-rest-api-python: A Python library created to easily use the Power BI REST...

GitHub - areed1192/power-bi-python-api: The Unofficial Python API wrapper for the Microsoft Power BI...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors