Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gablima96
Regular Visitor

Connect to API

Hello, I need to connect Power BI to a database through an API. However I don't know how to make this connection. A Web Service was created to make this connection and in the link below I put the print. What I don't know is how to do this integration, I believe it is through a web link but I don't know how to use it.

The first field in the web service is tolken.
The second is the function / action to be executed.

And the green button is to test the connection that generates an XML window with the following link http://dbs2.cf.com.br:8088/xxxx/WebService/verifica.php I tried in vain to paste this link followed by .../token code/function name

Printscreen --> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VzKZba8s2eSq1h9P25YLp_E6mmnOTejT/view?usp=sharing

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi! The admin changed the methode to GET and passed me a entire link ready to paste in PBI.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

As you state you need to use two Web.Contents() calls, the first one to acquire the token and the second one to run your data query with the supplied token either in the header section or the data section of the Web.Contents() call.

Have you gotten the first part to work?

Hi! The admin changed the methode to GET and passed me a entire link ready to paste in PBI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.