Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

drtreee

Combining streaming and historical data on one dashboard

Hello everyone!
I have a dataset that is created by the Azure Streaming Analytics task. And I have historical data in Azure Synapse Analytics.

I need to make a Power BI dashboard that will have streaming and historical data together.

What's the best way to do this?

For example, import all purchases until 00.00, and stream the purchases of the current day. And display 3 columns in one table - Customer, Amount of purchases, Amount of today's purchases

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Currently your only option is a hybrid streaming dataset with history enabled. Any "enrichment" needs to be part of the pushed rows.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

At the moment you cannot combine a streaming dataset with other sources.  Microsoft had mentioned at Ignite that they have plans to enable that later.

Thanks for the answer @lbendlin !

In this case, what is the best way to solve the problem?
I think it is possible to enrich streaming data through reference values in the Azure Stream Analytics task.

Currently your only option is a hybrid streaming dataset with history enabled. Any "enrichment" needs to be part of the pushed rows.

@lbendlin , could you explain what is meant here. What is "hybrid streaming dataset with history enabled" and what tools can I use to do it?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.