Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

YevD
Helper I
Helper I

Clustered bar chart with bubbles for each bar on a 2nd y-axis

Hello and thank you for giving this a look.

I am trying to re-create the chart I made in Excel below in PowerBI, so far with little success.

Sample pbix file is below. I need to display count of 'Name' for each 'Amount' bucket in the clustered columns on first y-axis. The second y-axis should display average 'Cost' for each bucket in the bubbles/dots. X-axis contains 'Date 1'.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgeVqxpmuh7I9QSR6U7kLYAmLwga?e=4jaIjX

Chart example.png

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

YevD

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @YevD ,

I can't find the proper visual which same with the one in report page "Stacked chart w XY bubbles". I reupdate your sample pbix file(see the attachment), please check whether that can be used for a workaround... And currently we CAN NOT apply multiple fields on Legend Fields, you can raise a new idea and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner.

yingyinr_0-1622603495862.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

@v-yiruan-msftsorry for taking a while to get back to this. I really appreciate your help!

I actully found an article descirbing how to do this with R.

https://datakuity.com/2020/12/03/r-power-bi-add-target-marker-to-each-column-in-a-grouped-bar-chart/

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @YevD ,

I updated your sample pbix file, please check whether that is what you want, please find the details in the attachment

yingyinr_1-1622455175011.png

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yiruan-msft ,

Thank you so much for this. The grouping of amount is eaxactly what I was looking for. Do you know if there is a way to display average of 'Cost' for each bar? 

Also, is there a way I can sort the groups in ascending order?

Hi @YevD ,

I can't find the proper visual which same with the one in report page "Stacked chart w XY bubbles". I reupdate your sample pbix file(see the attachment), please check whether that can be used for a workaround... And currently we CAN NOT apply multiple fields on Legend Fields, you can raise a new idea and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner.

yingyinr_0-1622603495862.png

Best Regards

@v-yiruan-msftsorry for taking a while to get back to this. I really appreciate your help!

I actully found an article descirbing how to do this with R.

https://datakuity.com/2020/12/03/r-power-bi-add-target-marker-to-each-column-in-a-grouped-bar-chart/

Did the article resolve the problem ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors