Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dibaSFP
Advocate I
Advocate I

CloudScope dropped the mic

As our "Image by CloudScope" visual shows now a warning that "it is not supported and will be deprecated" we became aware of the fact, that CloudScope cannot support the Power BI environment anymore.

According to CloudScope especially funny, because Microsoft now forces a policy that loading external images is prohibited - for an image control which loads ... you guess it.

CloudScope's article with background information (and they are not very happy): https://www.cloudscope.io/blog/view/cloudscope-ends-support-for-power-bi-custom-visuals

@power BI team: There is only a "Simple Image" visual remaining in AppSource, which is actually very bad (does not stop loading images), is non-certified and which does not get printed, if printing from Power BI Embedded (and I guess as well not in the regular PBI Service). Help and a solution is highly appreciated...

Regards,

Björn

2 REPLIES 2
carloscantu
Advocate I
Advocate I

I agree with the previous petition, we are facing the same issue but in our case we cannot use Simple Image because this visual doesn't accept measures as an input. It will also be helpful to know a specific date when Image by CloudScope will be removed from Power BI Service so we can plan accordingly, the warning message currently states "will be deprecated soon".

Thank you,

Carlos C.

Hi Carlos,

as you cannot find any CloudScope product in AppSource anymore, it is virtually already removed. You can just keep it alive by copying old reports.

But yes, it would be interesting, if Microsoft drops any support (in the backend) for the controls at some point (and when).

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.