Highlighted
Frequent Visitor
Accepted Solution

Clone Report - targetWorkspaceId and targetModelId

I am looking to use the clone report Power BI REST API resource. In the request, the 'targetModelId' and the 'targetWorkspaceId' are required strings. What are these values? Where can I find or obtain these values? What is 'targetModelId' and 'targetWorkspaceId'?

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Visitor

Re: Clone Report - targetWorkspaceId and targetModelId

Hi,

You can clone a report into the same workspace, or you can clone the report to a different workspace.

TargetWorkspaceId is the ID of the workspace where you want to clone the report.

TargetModelId is the ID of the dataset in the target workspace from where the report will take the data.

To obtain the values, you can loop through the reports and dashboards collections in the target database, and get the id.

If you need more help let me know.

Mariano

View solution in original post

All Replies
Frequent Visitor

Re: Clone Report - targetWorkspaceId and targetModelId

Hi,

You can clone a report into the same workspace, or you can clone the report to a different workspace.

TargetWorkspaceId is the ID of the workspace where you want to clone the report.

TargetModelId is the ID of the dataset in the target workspace from where the report will take the data.

To obtain the values, you can loop through the reports and dashboards collections in the target database, and get the id.

If you need more help let me know.

Mariano