Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ac17211
Frequent Visitor

Clone Report - targetWorkspaceId and targetModelId

I am looking to use the clone report Power BI REST API resource. In the request, the 'targetModelId' and the 'targetWorkspaceId' are required strings. What are these values? Where can I find or obtain these values? What is 'targetModelId' and 'targetWorkspaceId'?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MarianoCatalano
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi,

You can clone a report into the same workspace, or you can clone the report to a different workspace.

TargetWorkspaceId is the ID of the workspace where you want to clone the report.

TargetModelId is the ID of the dataset in the target workspace from where the report will take the data.

To obtain the values, you can loop through the reports and dashboards collections in the target database, and get the id.

If you need more help let me know.

Mariano

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ac17211 

I hope you are successful in cloning the report from one workspace to another workspace.

Can you please share me the script for cloning the report?

I have been trying to clone the report using the "Try it" option on this below link and keep getting the below error

{
  "error": {
    "code": "BadRequest",
    "message": "Bad Request",
    "details": [
      {
        "message": "Error converting value \"6778155\" to type 'System.Nullable`1[System.Guid]'. Path 'targetModelId', line 3, position 32.",
        "target": "request.targetModelId"
      }
    ]
  }
}

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/reports/clonereportingroup#clonereportrequest

MarianoCatalano
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi,

You can clone a report into the same workspace, or you can clone the report to a different workspace.

TargetWorkspaceId is the ID of the workspace where you want to clone the report.

TargetModelId is the ID of the dataset in the target workspace from where the report will take the data.

To obtain the values, you can loop through the reports and dashboards collections in the target database, and get the id.

If you need more help let me know.

Mariano

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.