Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

itismie
Frequent Visitor

Changing Fontfamily for all shapes in Power BI (JSON file)

Hi

I have created a JSON file, with colors, fontfamily 'verdana', fontsize... and some other changes like the color of the filterpanel.

Now the standard  fontfamily in Power BI is "Segoe" and so text in every Shape stays on "Segoe"

I added a part for shapes in my JSON but the result stays the same.

"visualStyles": {"*": {"*": {

"title": [{"show": true,"fontColor": { "solid": { "color": "#ffffff" } },"background": { "solid": { "color": "#2e1749" } },"alignment": "center","fontSize": 11,"fontFamily": "Verdana"}],

"background": [{"show": true,"color": { "solid": { "color": "#ffffff" } },"transparency": 100}],"lockAspect": [{"show": true}],"border":[{"show": true,"color": { "solid": { "color": "#2e1749" } }}],"visualTooltip": [{"type": "Default"}],"stylePreset": [{"name": "None"}]          }  },

"shape": {"*": {"text": [{"fontFamily": "Verdana","fontSize": 11}] } },

itismie_0-1637766764735.png

Can anyone help we with this.

It seems to be very hard to change the overall FontFamily Segoe on a easy way trought the whole Power BI Report into Verdana

4 REPLIES 4
Flo1
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @itismie

it's been a long time since your question but maybe this workaround could help you, to use a custom font in a shape.

Best regards!

itismie
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

This is not a solution.  Because the fontfamily of the "text" in shapes remains SEGOE.

I can via the JSON file adapt the colors of the shapes, the borders, the fontfamily of the title, but the fontfamily of the "text" doesn't change, even when I write it down in my JSON file.  Maybe a bug in the system?

Hi @itismie ,

If you are trying to set font family for all shapes, I'm sorry I didn't find the right property to set it. I'm afraid you'll have to select the special shape and set them one by one in the report file. Maybe You can raise a new idea and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner.

How to Add font families in your theme

yingyinr_0-1638177304490.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @itismie ,

You can navigate to 'View' ribbon and click the themes dropdown to select 'Customize current theme'.  Then go to the 'Text' section in opening Customize theme window, you'll be able to change the default font family for all headers and text, including text within visuals...

Change The Font Across All Visuals in a Power BI

yingyinr_0-1638167857650.png

yingyinr_2-1638168112809.png

In addition, you can create a customize theme file and import it in report file. You can refer the following video to achieve it.

Use a CUSTOM FONT with Power BI Desktop!!!

yingyinr_3-1638168418044.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.