Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Change the Color of First Bar That Meets Certain Criteria

Below is a graph of what I'm trying to accomplish. The bars are sequenced from Step 1 to Step 2 to Step 3, etc. What I'm trying to do is have the first bar that scores a 3 or below change color. Any bars after that color-changed bar could be the same color as the previous bar(s), or a different color. I've tried multiple iterations with conditional formating, but can't seem to find anything that works. Any thoughts on how to accomplish this?

BarChart Color at Step.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please refer to these:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/service-tips-and-tricks-for-color-formatting 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/service-getting-started-with-color-formatting-and-axis-properties 

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response. I looked at the resources and feel like I have a good sense of conditional formatting. However, I think I'm asking for something a little more complex than a simple conditional format.

In the example above, Step 3 and Step 4 are the same value, but only the first one is red. I could set a conditional format to turn any bar that is 3 or below to Red, in which case Step 3 and Step 4 would both be red. But, I only want the first bar that is 3 or below to be red, with the subsequent bars (even if the same value) being a different color. It's conditional color formating based on conditions of previous responses; if Step 1 is 3 or below, change the bar color for Step 1, but don't make the bar color for Step 2 the same even if Step 2 is 3 or below. I have set up a conditional column (IF/Then) that will tell me which step is the first to be scored at a 3 or below, but then I don't know how to translate that into a colored bar.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.