Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Juramirez
Resolver I
Resolver I

Change reports dynamic

Hi! 

I'm wondering if I can set up an InicialPage with some filters (like company, state, year, etc...) and depending this filters selection, the next pages (SecondPage and ThirdPage) in the report change their graphics. I mean, if you select in the InicialPage the company A and the year 2017, this displays a pay graph on SecondPage and a Bar chart on ThirdPage but if you select company B and the same year, this displays a table (with different information than the pay graph) on the SecondPage and a line chart (with different information than Bar chart) on ThirdPage. Is this possible? How can I do that? I didn't see any documentation for something like this. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Juramirez wrote:

Hi! 

I'm wondering if I can set up an InicialPage with some filters (like company, state, year, etc...) and depending this filters selection, the next pages (SecondPage and ThirdPage) in the report change their graphics. I mean, if you select in the InicialPage the company A and the year 2017, this displays a pay graph on SecondPage and a Bar chart on ThirdPage but if you select company B and the same year, this displays a table (with different information than the pay graph) on the SecondPage and a line chart (with different information than Bar chart) on ThirdPage. Is this possible? How can I do that? I didn't see any documentation for something like this. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

@Juramirez

The visuals and charts have to be fixed in pages, which means, if initially the "SecondPage" presents a pay graph and a Bar chart, then the page always shows those charts before editing, so no the expected dynamica way at all.

By the way, I see this post in Power BI Developer forum, is your case in an embedding scenario? If so, there's some workaround, by which you could embed serveral reports and show reports dynamically according to the filters applied in Javascript.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@Juramirez wrote:

Hi! 

Thanks!

@Juramirez

The visuals and charts have to be fixed in pages, which means, if initially the "SecondPage" presents a pay graph and a Bar chart, then the page always shows those charts before editing, so no the expected dynamica way at all.

By the way, I see this post in Power BI Developer forum, is your case in an embedding scenario? If so, there's some workaround, by which you could embed serveral reports and show reports dynamically according to the filters applied in Javascript.

Thanks @Eric_Zhang

Yes, this is an embedding scenario, i'll check  the Developer Forum if there's anything that will help me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.