Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Change language dynamically in Reports

I never got a response in the Desktop section of this forum with this question, maybe because it's more of a development question. 

I need to be able to change the language in an embedded report, table/column headers, slicer titles and so on. 

I've seen a couple of ways of doing this but they all require duplication of data and I can't do it like that for this problem. I'm trying to solve this translation issue for an internal web application, which means that we have control over how the reports are built and what components in power BI desktop used. With these prerequisites, isn't it possible to handle the language using javacript ? I've just had a quick look at the DOM and done some simple tests and it seems like it could work. 

What I'm thinking of doing is for each component (table, slicer and so on) that we use in our reports I'll create some sort of selecter in javascript which extracts the values, i.e. for a table I'd extract the column headers, and pass them to my own translation service which returns the translated value and replaces the original value.

I thought that the same-origin issue would be solved by adding the embed url as a trusted source, but no. So I can't edit anything in the iframe. This was another dead end. 

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors