Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

froric09
Regular Visitor

Change currency denomination

Hi Friends

As most of the visuals in Power BI shows K, M , B etc as currency denominations. Can some one help me with the changes need to be done to represent Indian Currency Demoninations Like Lakh, Crore in the visuals.

Untitled.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
satyaraj
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

You can try using DAX function example Measure = FORMAT(DIVIDE(SUM(Tablename[Columnname]),100000), "0.00 L"). But the drawback is you cant use that measure only in tables.

SabineOussi
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Hi,

K, M, and B represent thousands, millions and billions respectively.

To remove them and show the whole number, select the desired visual and go to format (pen shape in the visualizations tool), expand Y-Axis and choose None in Display units.

In order to change the currency from $ to the currency of your choice, go to the data view, select the table and column you want, in the toolbar go to formatting/currency and choose the desired currency symbol.

Hope this helps,

Sabine O.

Thank you so much for the reply.

The suggested one above applicable to desktop version. But I am trying to do it from powerbi.com,

since I am using Azure enterpirse as a Source which is not available in desktop version.

Any way to achieve the same in powerbi.com??

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.