Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ammitit2006
Frequent Visitor

Cannot see the Reports imported on Power BI Embeded workspace

Hi All,

2 days back I was having problem creating workspace that is resolved now. 

I created the workspace and imported a .PBIX file created by Power BI desktop. This report is referencing Azure database.

Now, if I choose to list the available Datasets then it retreives me the datasets created while imported the Report.

uploaded Pbix dataset.JPG

I am confused here that when we created the workspace then on the portal it shows the [1 workspace] created. But when I imported the report then it's not showing the report or dataset that was created. How this be done. If I want  to see the report imported to the workspace, I selected the option 6 and imported the file. it showed me the sccess message but I cannot see any

report in the workspace. If I want to run it from workspace on Azure portal then how can I do so.

uploaded Pbix dataset1.JPG

In the second figure it shows that file is imported with success message. 

Please let me know how these reports can be seen in the power bi embeded azure portal or not. if yes then please suggest what I am missing.

Thanks,

Amit

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@ammitit2006

The imported datasets are for Power BI Emebedded. To see them, you would have to embed them to your own application. In the sample,  You'd see them in the EmbedSample web application.

1. Right click on the EmbedSample and set as start up Project.
  2. Change the values in the web.config file.
  3. Start it in a Brower(Chrome in my case).

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

@ammitit2006

You can click on the picture and then roll up to the page top. You will see a picture in high definition there.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@ammitit2006 wrote:

I am confused here that when we created the workspace then on the portal it shows the [1 workspace] created. But when I imported the report then it's not showing the report or dataset that was created. How this be done. If I want  to see the report imported to the workspace, I selected the option 6 and imported the file. it showed me the sccess message but I cannot see any

report in the workspace. If I want to run it from workspace on Azure portal then how can I do so.

@ammitit2006

In Azure portal, you can only the workspacecollection and workspace, the imported datasets are not shown.

Have you changed any code in the sample? It works fine in my test. Please follow

1. Clear the workspace initial value by below setting in the App.config file.
    1. <add key="workspaceId" value="" />
  2. Start the application.
  3. Choose option 4 to list workspace ids.
  4. Choose option 8 to list datasets in the workspace.

Thanks for your reply.

I am not able identify if I cannot see the reports in the workspace and the dataset then how will I run or see the report that I have imported to the workspace. 

Please let me know if I am thinking in a wrong way.

Thanks

@ammitit2006

The imported datasets are for Power BI Emebedded. To see them, you would have to embed them to your own application. In the sample,  You'd see them in the EmbedSample web application.

1. Right click on the EmbedSample and set as start up Project.
  2. Change the values in the web.config file.
  3. Start it in a Brower(Chrome in my case).

Capture.PNG

Many thanks.

Could you please, add the image once more, this is blurr and cannot be seen properly.

Thanks

Amit

@ammitit2006

You can click on the picture and then roll up to the page top. You will see a picture in high definition there.

thanks,

Finally I was able to see my report on another system on the web page. But still it's giving me error when I am acully displaying the report.

issue at web page accessing.png

It seems, I will have to defiine datasets credentials but not sure where.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Amit

@ammitit2006

What is the datasource in your report, is your report in DirectQuery or import mode?

Hi,

It's a direct query. I just did one more thing. I updated the connection string info using the provision sample.

Then I reconnected the same and Finally I got the report displayed.

Thanks a lot v-lvzhan-msft

Great. You‘re always welcome.:)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors