cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgermain Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Can you embed reports from Power BI Report Server?

Hi - documentation is not clear on this capability. Can you embed reports from Power BI Report Server? 

16 REPLIES 16
Moderator Eric_Zhang

Re: Can you embed reports from Power BI Report Server?

@jgermain wrote:

Hi - documentation is not clear on this capability. Can you embed reports from Power BI Report Server? 

@jgermain

It is probably possible, however not the usual way to embed reports in Power BI Service. As PBI Report Server is a superset of SQL Server Reporting Services, so I think you can reference this Integrating Reporting Services into Applications.

I'm consulting to the product team internally to offer a embedded demo as those embedding demos for Power BI service. I'll post back if I get any update.

No, I just get the confirmation from the Dev team that the capacity to embedded reports from PBI Report Server is not on the roadmap. You can submit your idea at Microsoft connect.

Eliasaki92 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I am confused now. Look at this: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/reportserver-quickstart-embed/

Is there any way to embed dashbaords on premises into applications? Without having to go thorugh the Azure cloud? What about direct query? Is this like on-premises?

Many thanks in advance.

Elias

sujay316 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I am confused as well. I tried what the link says. If i add the embed true paramter and use the link everything works fine but when i put the link in an iframe or in a SharePoint page viewer it just keeps loading forever
sujay316 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Embedding power bi reports from onprem powerbi report server does not seem to work. I tried both iframe and SharePoint page viewer and the link is stuck at loading for ever
Eliasaki92 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Is embedding from Power BI Report Server in an on-premises environment on the roadmap? It would be great to have clarification on this as it is a deal breaker. 

Moderator Eric_Zhang

@Eliasaki92

@sujay316

See more clarifiation in the reply from PG in this thread.

By the way, there's a dedicated sub forum for Power BI Report Server, for Report Server specific questions, you can get more proper response here.

highlander1 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi, 

Does this mean that it's required to use Azure service to show a Power BI report in a web application?

Thanks,

Highlander

highlander1 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi, 

Does this mean that it's required to use Azure service to show a Power BI report in a web application?

Thanks,

Highlander

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please check the compatibility mode of your browser when the Power BI report keeps loading data... forever.

Changing the compatibility mode to 11 solved the issue I had with infinitely loading the page.