cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cte_crest
Helper I
Helper I

Can we retain the data in the table, and add newly fetched data through refresh in custom connector?

Hi folks, I am thinking to develop a custom connector, in which I fetch the data through API. My use case is to keep on adding the data to the table. 

So, is that supported in Power BI custom connectors/template apps? I suppose, currently, whenever I press refresh, the data is deleted from the dataset and all the data is fetched again. 

Is that correct? Or I am getting it wrong?

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

https://www.thebiccountant.com/2017/01/11/incremental-load-in-powerbi-using-dax-union/

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

@Greg_Deckler 

I think this approach will only work on Power BI desktop and is still isn't supported on Power BI service. Right?

Also, if I have a large dataset (Around 2.5 Million events daily fetched through API), do you suggest that I could leverage this approach?

Helpful resources

Announcements
November 2022 Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2022 updates!

Difinity Conference

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity is the largest Microsoft Data, AI, Power BI, Power Platform and Business Applications Conference in New Zealand.

European Share Point Conference

European Share Point Conference

This conference returns live and in-person in Copenhagen this 28 November-01 December with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Microsoft 365 Conference â__ December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference - 06-08 December

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.