Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RajatJaiswal
Frequent Visitor

Can we give resource file at runtime to power BI dashboard ?

I am struggling with Power BI localization at runtime. Just thought like other exposed API can we give Resource file at runtime? Or is there any way we can change the label of the report at runtime by finding the object via javascript although I can understand there would be Cross Site Scripting issue. Just thinking bit loud.

4 REPLIES 4
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @RajatJaiswal,

Could you please show us the goal? Why do you want to give a file to Power BI Dashboard (or report?)? 

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-jiascu-msft

Does my thought make sense?

I appreciate your response.

Regards,

Hi @RajatJaiswal,

As far as I know, there isn't a feature like that. You can check out the REST APIs and the JS client library. You also can try the live demo here. I would suggest you create an idea here.

Best Regards,

Dale 

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I was thinking to give resource file at runtime in Key value pair manner and refresh the dashboard for multilanguage. I don't know whether this solution will work or not but with the assumption that if we can have a trigger event which read all the values corresponding to the key (where a key would be in English always).

Please, share your thought if I am going in the wrong direction.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.