Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RyanBentham
Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

Can we get a list of datasets and their respective sensitivity labels

I'm curently working on some dg /security type reporting and one key requirement is to know which users are extracting data from the PowerBI service (export or download) from datasets that have been labled (given a sensitively label within the dataset settings).

I can get all PBI user audit data relating to exports via the o365 audit log however from this you can only get the dataset ID, and no reference to it's label (if it has one), as far as I know. 

I've been looking at using the PBI Activity Log (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-auditing#use-the-activity-log)   however again i'm not sure if from that I will be able to see which label each dataset has.     

Another tool at my disposal could be XMLA endpoints.    

If anyone has any ideas as to how I could programmatically get a list of all published datasets and their respective labels that would be very much appreciated?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sagivh
Employee
Employee

2 REPLIES 2
sagivh
Employee
Employee

Hi Ryan, have you looked at Announcing new Admin APIs and Service Principal authentication to make for better tenant metadata sc... - this might serve your needs. 

Thanks. 

Thanks so much for sharing @sagivh  this is exactly what I'm looking for.  I somehow missed the announcement 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.