Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dkata
Frequent Visitor

Can the Month on Landing Page in PowerBI.com be refreshed? (Calendar Visual by MAQ Software)

A quick question for those who use "Calendar Visual by MAQ Software".

I was wondering if the Month in the landing Page is changeable in PowerBI.com based on the current date.

I meant when a month changes (let's say Today is June-01), the Calendar Visual redirect an user to the Calendar in JUNE when accessing the Report in PowerBI.com?

It seems the report's landing page in PowerBI.com is based on the month when the PBI file was uploaded to the PowerBI.com.

Is there any way to change the landing page Month automatically based on the current date (or system date, etc), or is it not covered in the current version?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for the response, I understood the current functionality of the software which is from a "Developer" point of view.

It is helpful for sure to keep the last saved stauts in PBI file in PBI Desktop for a Report Developer, but I believe it will not be helpful at all for "ENDUSERS" which are shared the file through PBI APP (PowerBI.com) and use it.

This software is great and useful, but I have to do the step (open the file (PBI file) in PBI Desktop, change the display month, save it and upload it) every month for a workaround of the issue. Or endusers need to click "Today" button or move to the month he/she wants manually.

Hope there will be an option of "Set a current month as a Landing Page" or something like that.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
MAQSupport
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hello @dkata and @JSnow ,

We have updated Calendar by MAQ Software visual to v3.1.0.0 with the “Current Month Display” feature.
By clicking on “Today” button and saving the report. Visual will display “Current Month” on loading report.

It generally takes 2-3 weeks for the changes to reflect on App source.
We recommend you to download the visual after 2-3 weeks and let us know your feedback.

For any further queries or enhancement requests, please contact us at support@maqsoftware.com

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MAQSupport  Would love some followup as well -- great visual, and this is a much needed feature. Still seeing 3.0.5 available in AppSource

@MAQSupport 

Do you have an updated timeframe for this version update? I believe it because of the COVID-19 pandemic, but I cannot see the updated version in AppStore.

Thanks,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MAQSupport 

yes I would like to concur with @dkata  if there was an option to set the landing page to current month with a calendar table instead of persist. Currently I use the visual to for tracking vacation requests for the team, but have to resave the report each month via the save and persist logic in the visual. For users who refer to the dashboard to see when people are off, they often ask we why it does not show the current month. 

It would be great to add this functionality. It is a great visual!

MAQSupport
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hello @dkata ,

Currently, Calendar by MAQ Software has persistence implemented to persist the last saved state of the visual.

This is the intended feature of the visual.

If in case you have a question about what is persistence, then below is the explanation

– Once you are in the edit mode of your report, you will navigate around in the visual to switch the view / date. Now when you save the report, the state of the Calendar visual is persisted, so that when you re-open the report, you will see the same state at which you saved it.

The requested feature collides with an existing functionality.

We have added your request to our feasibility analysis backlog.

We will notify you on this thread when we have an update on the same.

Thanks.

Thank you for the response, I understood the current functionality of the software which is from a "Developer" point of view.

It is helpful for sure to keep the last saved stauts in PBI file in PBI Desktop for a Report Developer, but I believe it will not be helpful at all for "ENDUSERS" which are shared the file through PBI APP (PowerBI.com) and use it.

This software is great and useful, but I have to do the step (open the file (PBI file) in PBI Desktop, change the display month, save it and upload it) every month for a workaround of the issue. Or endusers need to click "Today" button or move to the month he/she wants manually.

Hope there will be an option of "Set a current month as a Landing Page" or something like that.

Thanks,

JSnow
Frequent Visitor

This is a desired feature for us as well.  We would like the end user to always see the calendar showing the current time period instead of the time period that was selected when the report was saved.  It doesn't need to be the default but  if there was an option to configure the calendar to show the current period that would be very useful.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.