Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Regular Visitor

Can't use custom visualisations in Groups?

So I've just been playing with the groups feature to see how that might work.

One thing that I've found is that any reports that have custom visualisations don't work correctly as I don't get the warning bar at the top to allow me to click "Enable custom visuals".. instead I get a "Go back to classic report canvas option" which if I click I get a "something went wrong" error.

All I did was create a content pack from my workspace and get it into my Group.

Any way to get this to work?

3 REPLIES 3
atul_kushwaha
Frequent Visitor

Exactly I faced the similer problem.

Workaround is to create Dashboard within Group then it will start showing "Enable Custom Visualization" button on top.

Also if you have a need to publish Dashboard, Reports & Dataset those created in Group, you can publish them a Content Pack or can share with others as well.

Regards,

Atul Kuswhaha 

when is this going to be resolved??? publishing to a dashboard is not the answer - what if your report has filtering options?? dashboards cant do that unless you embed a fitlering table which takes up too much space!

Same experience. I do not have a workaround yet.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.