Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Haidann
Helper I
Helper I

Can`t load data to Power BI desktop

Hi all,

So my refresh is standing still for half an hour although it has finished load all rows to the data set

i`m using power bi desktop and my data from MySQL 

Anyone know what kind of error is this?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Haidann,

It seems like your query tables have invoked a large data table for many times.
Perhaps you can create a static query table to store it and reference the table in other queries instead of initialization the source table multiple times in different tables.

In addition, you can also turn off 'include in refresh' option to cancel the large dataset refresh to improve the loading performance. (you can turn on the refresh of these large dataset in free time instead of keeping these refresh triggered every time you save back to data model)
BTW, I also list some links of performance tricks, you can take a look on them if they help for your scenario:

Watch Your Steps! Power Query Performance Caution for Power BI 

How to cancel your Power Query refreshes fast in Power BI and Excel 

How to Improve Query Reference performance for large tables 
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Haidann,

Any advanced operation in your query tables? (e.g. merge, combine, reference other queries, invoke custom functions...)
If this is a case, you can refer to following link to add buffer functions to package these operations to reduce the duplicate memory spend on these looping calculations.

How and When to use List & Table Buffer? 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Dear @v-shex-msft 

Actually, my dataset has all of operations you have listed =))) 

That could be the part of reason why my dataset keep failing to reload

I`ll try your suggesttion and keep you update asap

Many thanks

Hi @Haidann,

It seems like your query tables have invoked a large data table for many times.
Perhaps you can create a static query table to store it and reference the table in other queries instead of initialization the source table multiple times in different tables.

In addition, you can also turn off 'include in refresh' option to cancel the large dataset refresh to improve the loading performance. (you can turn on the refresh of these large dataset in free time instead of keeping these refresh triggered every time you save back to data model)
BTW, I also list some links of performance tricks, you can take a look on them if they help for your scenario:

Watch Your Steps! Power Query Performance Caution for Power BI 

How to cancel your Power Query refreshes fast in Power BI and Excel 

How to Improve Query Reference performance for large tables 
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.