cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JaydipPatel81 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Can someone help me with the below visual?

I need to get a visual where I can compare PLAN values with Log + Remaining Plan Values.
Community Help.pngThe Plan Bar compared with Logged + Remaining Plan --> where Logged needs to be color 1 and Remaining Plan needs to be Color 2.

Your Help is appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Super User I
Super User I

Re: Can someone help me with the below visual?

@JaydipPatel81 

Refer to this post on how to achieve different colors in a single bar..

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Color-formatting-of-every-bar/m-p/844210#M405378

If it helps, mark it as a solution

Kudos are nice too

JaydipPatel81 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I have two separate Bars.

Super User I
Super User I

Hi @JaydipPatel81,

Creating a clustered column chart with one of the columns being stacked is perhaps not the correct visual choice here. Showing bars in this way is less intuitive to perceive visually and takes longer to process cognitively for your viewers than, say a Bullet Chart.

There's a few bullet chart visuals in the marketplace, and I use them a lot for similar use cases as yours.

I've listed in my personal order of preference, but see how you get on with them:

Not exactly the answer you were hoping for, but it's generally regarded as the most effective way to handle this particular visualisation challenge.

Good luck!

Daniel

If my post solves your challenge, then please consider accepting as a solution to help other forum members find the answer more quickly 🙂

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Join us in the third Triple A event!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're celebrating the start of the New Super User season with our first ever Super User 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Power BI Desktop Update - February 2020

Power BI Desktop Update - February 2020

We are super excited for our update this month, as we are releasing two of our top community requests!

Power Platform Online Conference

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

Top Kudoed Authors