Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JaydipPatel81
Frequent Visitor

Can someone help me with the below visual?

I need to get a visual where I can compare PLAN values with Log + Remaining Plan Values.
Community Help.pngThe Plan Bar compared with Logged + Remaining Plan --> where Logged needs to be color 1 and Remaining Plan needs to be Color 2.

Your Help is appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
VasTg
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@JaydipPatel81 

Refer to this post on how to achieve different colors in a single bar..

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Color-formatting-of-every-bar/m-p/844210#M405378

If it helps, mark it as a solution

Kudos are nice too

Connect on LinkedIn

I have two separate Bars.

Hi @JaydipPatel81,

Creating a clustered column chart with one of the columns being stacked is perhaps not the correct visual choice here. Showing bars in this way is less intuitive to perceive visually and takes longer to process cognitively for your viewers than, say a Bullet Chart.

There's a few bullet chart visuals in the marketplace, and I use them a lot for similar use cases as yours.

I've listed in my personal order of preference, but see how you get on with them:

Not exactly the answer you were hoping for, but it's generally regarded as the most effective way to handle this particular visualisation challenge.

Good luck!

Daniel

If my post solves your challenge, then please consider accepting as a solution to help other forum members find the answer more quickly 🙂

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors