Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AlexSavchenko
Frequent Visitor

Can not Delete rows using PowerBI REST API

Hi all,

I have a C# script which fill in Streaming DataSet. It works fine.

When I try to delete all rows from dataset, I get error "(404) not found at System.Net.HttpWebResponse.GetResponse()".

I use instructions from https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt238041.aspx for both operations (POST, DELETE)

The only difference from instruction, - I do not use this autorisation stuff:

request.Headers.Add("Authorization", String.Format("Bearer {0}", token)); 

I beleave it no related to my case moreother POST works with no problem).

Need help.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@AlexSavchenko

That DELETE API is to delete the rows from one table in a normal dataset. I don't think it is applicable to the streaming dataset, as the streaming dataset doesn't contain any explicit table.

How do you call the API and why do you have to delete data when using Streaming DataSet.

By the way, the Real-time streaming in Power BI is still in preview, for any feature request, you can confirm in forum and submit your idea at Power BI Ideas and vote it up.

Have you find any solution till now?

Thank you v-lvzhan-msft,

I am trying to build live stream dashboard based on Heatmap visualization as explained here: 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Best-Visual-Contest/Heatmap/cns-p/7551

I have got heatmap and it looks great, but with time it shows more and more data, when I actually need to represent dots only for last say 10 minutes.

Solution is: once per minute delete all existing rows from dataset and load new rows.

But I can not find the way to delete it.

I did not know, that Delete API has some issues for Live Stream, will try to communicate with HeatMAp Visualisation developers,

Thanks.

Have you find any solution for this?

@AlexSavchenko

Streaming data using Heatmap? Could you clarify that the Streaming DataSet in you post refers to this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.