Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I publish dashboard to many license at once?

I need an answer to this question. Cause right now at my office we have around 4-6 licenses, and when we need to publish the dashboard to all licenses we need to publish them one by one. Maybe right now it is still okay to publish it one by one, but what if we add more licenses in the future? Is there a way I can publish to many licenses at once? If can, can you give me the way to do it, or maybe some post link that can help me with that?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

First of all, you can only create one app per workspace, so it's not feasible to implement your needs for the above scenario by creating different apps. You can create different user groups based on your needs, and then share the dashboard to users as a group when sharing a single dashboard.

yingyinr_1-1653469633890.png

Publish an app in Power BI

How to Create a Power BI App

yingyinr_0-1653469592872.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

If I understand your question correctly, you may be able to create an app and publish the dashboard to that.  For my company, some apps are only published to a limited set of users, in which case you will use their emails in the box under the permissions tab, or you can publish to the whole organization.

Let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos 👍are nice too.
Nathaniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the solution, that's answer my case...
but I have another case...
What if the case is like this:
Now I have 2 user (User-A and User-B)
User-A want to have access to dashboard W, X, Y and Z.
User-B want to have access just to dashboard Y and Z.
If the case like that, is there any solution? Cause from tutorial I see from youtube, create app can help us to choose what dashboard we want to display and user who can access it. But I dont think it work for this case.

Thank you.

Hi @Anonymous @v-yiruan-msft ,
I am glad that answers your question.  Will you please mark this as a solution so that others can find it more easily.  If you have multiple questions and multiple answers,  you can mark multiple solutions.

Thank you,

Nathaniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi @Anonymous ,

First of all, you can only create one app per workspace, so it's not feasible to implement your needs for the above scenario by creating different apps. You can create different user groups based on your needs, and then share the dashboard to users as a group when sharing a single dashboard.

yingyinr_1-1653469633890.png

Publish an app in Power BI

How to Create a Power BI App

yingyinr_0-1653469592872.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.