Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

VikasAggarwal

Can I create Power BI Dashboard programatically?

Suppose I have all my Power BI dashboarding requirements nicely documented and organized in a database - what dashbaords, what widgets, wihch datasets...what is required to manually configure the Dashboard in PowerBI. Can I use some APIs available to programatically configure PowerBI rather than manually hand-coding / configuring.

I came across good amount of documentation on Power BI APIs. But all these are GET - oriented. They aim at taking data out of Power BI and help a developer integrate what's 'already available in Power BI' into other applications. I am looking for some API to help me PUT or POST the data in Power BI.

2 REPLIES 2
tgmueller

Have they made any progress on this?

greggyb
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

The only POST-oriented API calls I know of are limited to dataset actions at this point. I think what you want is coming, but I'd love to see someone more in-the-know chime in.

You can

• Create dataset
  • Update table schema
  • Add rows to a table
  • Clear rows for a table

From the Apiary documentation.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.