Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rohith351
Regular Visitor

Calling Post Import API in Azure Data Factory web Activity (Importing .PBIX file to POWERBI)

I Store my PowerBI report(.pbix file) in the Azure blob container in my storage account.

I have created an APP with the client ID and client secret and generates tokens from the endpoint. 
But when I calling Post an Import in Group API to import my file to my workspace using the file URL that shown in the properties, is returning an error with status code 400. 

Please explain or reach me out by helping me how to call an IMPORT API from HTTP REQUEST using AZURE Data FACTORY with web activity.

I am not able to add a file to a body in web activity in Azure Data Factory.

Please help me how can I add a file to the body in Azure Data Factory Web Activity for calling Post Import API
Waiting for your response.

This is the API url that I used rplacing The X with group ID.

https://api.powerbi.com//v1.0/myorg/groups/XXX/imports?datasetDisplayName=mydataset001&nameConfl

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rohith351,

Have you tested to use the file that storage in 'onedrive for business' with this API? As the document mentioned, it seems not told it allows you to use the link of other cloud storage. (they may contain the verify or authorization so that requests may not succeed processed)

Authorize access to blobs and queues using Azure Active Directory 

Imports - Post Import In Group 

Creates new content on the specified workspace from PBIX (Power BI Desktop), JSON, XLSX (Excel), RDL, or file path in OneDrive for Business.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I have a similar issue can you please give me some help ? https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Developer/how-to-post-import-pbix-file/m-p/1598191#M27231

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors