Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculate Ageing Days dynamically

Hi,

There is one requirement that I need to provide Date as input date in the report. On the basis of that input date I need to calculate the age of my pending invoice. Everywhere I am getting to calculate Ageing days from today but not with the input date. Could you please help.

Ageing Days calculation from today can be handled in datamodel, but getting date as input is not possible nto hable in datamodel.

Regards

Supriyo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nandukrishnavs
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

You can use the What-IF parameter for getting the Day, Month and Year. Then You can calculate the Date using DATE().

InputDate = DATE('Year'[Year Value],'Month'[Month Value],'Day'[Day Value])

Once you have the date, you can easily create a measure for calculating the Aging. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate with a kudos
🙂

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

You can use date field on slice with range mode(before, after, between), it allows you to click on the textbox to input date value.

13.png

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
nandukrishnavs
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

You can use the What-IF parameter for getting the Day, Month and Year. Then You can calculate the Date using DATE().

InputDate = DATE('Year'[Year Value],'Month'[Month Value],'Day'[Day Value])

Once you have the date, you can easily create a measure for calculating the Aging. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate with a kudos
🙂

Regards,
Nandu Krishna

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors