Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

GGimenez
Frequent Visitor

Building up the Skillset to develop Custom Visualizations

Hello!

I'm getting into the development of Custom VIzs in PBI. I'm not an engineer so all I've got is self taught experience. 

I've worked with D3 since some years now and I'm okaish with Javascript but I am struggling to go beyond once I start developing for PBI.

I've worked a bit with Node and I see similarities in the structure, however I've read somewhere that the PBI architecture is more close to a react or angular project.

I have no idea of OOP, class heritance, patterns, models or paradygms as I've always worked by intuitions, so now I'm a bit overwhelmed with such structured and holistic architecture.

I wanted to ask for your advise as I want to get some books and training to understand better what I do when I develop.  D3 and Typescript (ES6/7) are mandatory skills but I wonder what else would help me feel more confortable with the structure and architecture of PBI Visuals:

• Javascript OOP? 
  • React? 
  • Angular?
  • .net?

I want to buy some books / Training to undertake while I have some time off in the next weeks and I could use your advise.

Thanks a lot in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

This is a list of technologies that will be required for Custom Visuals:

React, Angular and .NET are not required.

Ouw recommendation is to start from revising the list above and Step by step lab.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

This is a list of technologies that will be required for Custom Visuals:

React, Angular and .NET are not required.

Ouw recommendation is to start from revising the list above and Step by step lab.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.