Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Building custom OData feed for consumption in Power BI

I have a product that exposes an OData feed but requires authentication. That feed can be consumed in Power BI with no problems. 

I constructed an ASP.NET MVC Web API application to act as a wrapper around that existing feed, managing the authentication in the user's behalf. The results from the wrapper look almost identical to the results from the feed itself, except for some whitespace differences in the response body that result in a different content length. However, Power BI complains when I try to target the wrapper as an OData Feed. I'm getting the following error.

Error.png

The content type is specified in the MVC wrapper as application/json and the content of the response itself actually is JSON. I know Power BI supports that MIME type because the original feed returns the same content and it is consumed just fine.

Any ideas on where to look?

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.